False door with torus moulding and cavetto cornice, a feature from the tomb of Khnumhotep II at Beni Hassan
Egypt, Beni Hassan, Khnumhotep II (Tomb 3), Upper Cemetery, Chapel, South wall.
- Middle Kingdom, Dynasty 12, Reign of Amenemhat II (c. 1918-1884 BCE).
- Egypt, Beni Hassan, Upper Cemetery, Khnumhotep II (Tomb 3), Chapel, South wall, Lower section, False door with cavetto cornice.
- Tracing paper.
- Parent Context
- Kanawati & Evans, BH1, Pl. 11a.:Beni Hassan::12th Dynasty:Khnumhotep II (Tomb 3):Chapel:Inscription:South wall:Lower section:Wall:::
- Data Credits
- Compiled by Penelope Blake and the Beni Hassan Research Group with resources from the Macquarie University Ancient Cultures Research Centre, and the Australian Centre for Egyptology.
- Project Funding
- Supported by the Australian Research Council Discovery Project scheme: DP160102223 "Measuring meaning in Egyptian art: A new approach to an intractable problem" held by N. Kanawati (MQ), L. Evans (MQ), A. Woods (MQ) and J. Kamrin (Met), the Macquarie University Department of Ancient History, and the Macquarie University Faculty of Arts.
- Original Citation
- N. Kanawati & L. Evans, Beni Hassan: Volume I: The Tomb of Khnumhotep II (Australian Centre for Egyptology: Reports 36, Aris and Phillips, Oxford, 2014, ISBN: 978-0-85668-846-1), 113b (lineart).
- Recorded and published with permission from the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities. Photographs by Effy Alexakis as part of research on site. Copyright Macquarie University 2018. All rights reserved.
- Cite this
- Penelope Blake "False door with torus moulding and cavetto cornice, a feature from the tomb of Khnumhotep II at Beni Hassan ." In The Beni Hassan Visual Dictionary: Khnumhotep II, edited by Alexandra Woods, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, and Nicolle Leary. Sydney: Macquarie University, 2018. https://benihassan.com/dictionary/Khnumhotep+II+Tomb+3/False+door+with+torus+moulding+and+cavetto+cornice/lineart/